Keeping Your Pets Safe
Pets, are particularly vulnerable
to pesticide exposure because, like children, they are likely to ingest more
contaminants (e.g. a dog grabbing a ball that has rolled across a recently
sprayed lawn), they are nearer to the ground, and they cannot read signs and
warnings. Pets are especially susceptible to pesticides in pellet form because
they look like food.
Over the years, studies have also suggested that pesticides specifically
designed for pets, like flea collars and shampoos, may be harmful, not only to
pets, but also to their human companions.
The links below give more detail on
the potential threats to pets and how to avoid them.